School Made Easy Headline Animator

Friday, February 13, 2009

How to recover Nokia Mobile Phone Security Code?

Question
How could I get a possible combination and permutation for a 5 digit code from 1-6. Locked my phone and can't remember it. I really don't wanna loose all my contacts if Nokia has to reset it.
Solution
Whew! This is a problem I can relate with. I once forgot the security code of my luggage. It is a good thing that it had only 3 digits and that I remembered the first and third numbers - so I only had to try 10 times to get the correct security code, otherwise I would have to get a locksmith.

So, how do we go about your problem? Unfortunately, it is very difficult because because there are 5 digits, however it would have been more difficult if you choose any number from 1 to 10 instead of just 1 to 6.

Given your situation, there are 7,776 possible 5 digit combination. This is computed by 6*6*6*6*6 0r 6^5! However, if you only used a number ONCE in any of the 5 digits, then your choices get narrower. In this case you will only have 720 possible combinations, which is computed by 6*5*4*3*2.

Now, if you can just remember the first 2 digits, then your choices will be scaled down to just 4*3*2 which is 24!

I hope this helps and please let me know what happens. Good luck!




Please do not forget to leave a feedback in Allexperts.com AND a comment in this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment